Saturday, March 8, 2014

Got Wine Corks??

I Do

So what do you do with a jillion wine corks?  Filling a beautiful Koa Wood bowl was pretty cool, that is until Alfreddo (my chihuahua fur baby) discovered how fun they are to DESTROY!! 
For Shame!!

These are precious right? I mean every single bottle has a memory: who I indulged with, where I purchased the bottle, was it expensive, was it a signed bottle?  
Sounds dreamy, 
Oh who am I kidding, 
I don't really have any attachment other than my own tendency to HOARD such items in the hopes of figuring out how I can put them to good use.


Same goes for this Frame that I had been hanging on to.  In it's previous life it was a dark wood frame designed by Kincaid to hold his yearly frame.  Can you say SPRAY PAINT?? WOO HOO gets me excited just thinking about what I shall paint next.



Don't think for even one second this puzzle didn't take HOURS!!
Thank God for Adderall when it comes to sitting for hours at a time configuring wine corks into a magnificent array of patterns based on size and what fits where.  
WORDS of WISDOM = WOOD GLUE  NOT Hot Glue!!! 
 Did I know this little tidbit starting out, umm NO so now I just sit and wait for the next one to pop out of its place so I can stash it for several months before I get the super industrious idea to walk a few feet out into the garage and locate my husbands 
WOOD GLUE!!  



Antique Buttons meet plain thumb tacks but be warned they are pretty much just for looks since they too fall apart when used


FINALLY 
here is the Finished Product of  finding a use for my ever growing collection of 
Wine Corks
Thank you 
for the Inspiration

 

NAILED IT


10 comments:

Kori Meyer said...

Looks great Justine! I, too, have been saving all of those corks thinking about what I shall do with them - cork board? Frame? Or??? So many ideas and haven't even begun to start on any of them...LOL

Unknown said...

Looks great. Very practical.

Unknown said...

Looks great. Very practical.

Stef H said...

fun and fabulous. one of the groups i belong to is doing a WINE CORK ALTERATION. some are absolute beauties with beads and lace. i wish i could download a picture here for you!

hope all else is good. we still have snow. ugh.

hugs :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these.
It’s always useful to get pointers to the good blogs out there.
You might also be interested to know more about our company -
Parana Impact, which is one of the leading database marketing,
data intelligence and digital marketing service provider.
Cardiologist Users Email List Suitable to small scale to large scale companies which will focus on driving more revenue and increase profitability.

Masonava said...

I wanted to say that I have loved this blog.Very informative post with lots of
information included in the posting.You have made some really good points here !
You might also be interested to know more about generating more leads and getting
the right intelligence to engage prospects.E-Health-Care-Lists implements new lead
gen ideas and strategies for generating more leads and targeting the right leads
and accounts.E-Health-Care-Lists is one of the global suppliers of healthcare mailing
list & email list.Marketing to the healthcare industry, reaching the doctors and other
healthcare decision makers is often an impossibletask.Please refer to
Cardiologist Email List & Mailing List

clar said...

Amazing,just wow!!!
NegosyongPinoy.info

clar said...

That is fantastic.You did a good job.
DalagangFilipina.info

thanida said...

I'm so happy to share to you how I got my website:
แทงบอลออนไลน์

Ufa88kh said...

I visit your blog. It is really useful and easy to understand. Hope everyone gets benefit. Thanks for sharing your Knowledge and experience with us.
wordpress
ufa88kh.blogspot
youtube
online gambling